Hey do you have any idea of who can help me with my finance situation? I’m behind on rent…
I seen this question recently. Sounded very similar to another person that was in a tight spot just last week.
So, I’ve thought about this for a while today. Here is what I’m thinking.
When this person asked about who can help with their financial situation, I’m imagining that person asking, “who can help me with borrowing money” or something along those lines.
Here’s what I came up with for the persons in this situation.
Dig Deep! You are powerful! Very smart and you have a real talent in navigating through rough times.
If you are reading this post, I would bet you aren’t shying away from a tough situation.
I seen you said you are behind on your rent.
- First, move to fix this situation. Contact the management/owner of the rental. Tell them that you realize that you are behind on rent. Ask if you can set up some sort of arrangement to catch up all while showing good faith that you are working to keep your contract as per the terms. You may try to give them some of the money you have today, as long as you have food and fuel money taken care of. Then plan to give them more money, at least, every week until you’re paid up. We can do an audit as to if this place is too expensive for you in a couple of months.
- Right now is the perfect time to ask yourself some questions. Start with, “What do I have that someone would want to buy from me?” Just walk through the house and grab all items that are reasonably valuable. Make an area in your place, “The For Sale Area.” Add each one to that pile. Take good photos of each item. Post them up for sale on Facebook Marketplace and Craigslist. Both have tremendous traffic. I have sold and seen Dylan sell plenty of things within the hour of posting.
- Right after I’ve listed hundreds of dollars of items online for sale I’m on to the next question. What can I do for someone to create money today? Come up with five things I can do as a pseudo small business idea. Here is a short list I came up with while writing this post.
- Baby sitting
- Cleaning service
- Driving someone around (UBER or Lyft)
- Thanksgiving/Christmas Shopping/Errands running for others
- House sitting/Pet sitting.
Here is a list of 48 low or no cost business ideas from a friend of mine, Dan Miller.
Anyone of those can turn time and effort into money, very fast. So I’d list each one of the services you chose online. As well as contact ten people I personally know to see if any of them need any of those duties taken care of.
Largest takeaway-Contact the people you know personally to ask if they need help with anything!
Right after I did the calling around, I’d get on UBER or Lyft to fill out the forms so that I could start driving people around within a day or two. Average UBER driver across the U.S. makes like $20 an hour after fuel expenses.
Thirdly, I’m going to remember to keep the “Stinkin’ Thinkin’” away.
What is the definition of stinking thinking?
Operational Definition of Stinking Thinking. ST language fosters a bad way of thinking that makes you believe you will fail, that bad things will happen to you, or that you are not a very good person.
If it isn’t POSITIVE
- I’m not saying it
- Texting it
- And most importantly I’m not Thinking it.
You are a winner.
Realize that you have an incredible opportunity to knock it out of the park this weekend. You can be on the road to a turn around in your finances. Most people know exactly what they should be doing with money, I’m sure you do too. I think the only thing you need is to realize you have this great, untapped, potential. Now to take that potential and turn it into money is the only thing left. Look at it all as an adventure. If you did everything I listed above, I could guarantee a level of success that you don’t see coming yet.
You’ve got this.
You’re a champion.
You may not see it, but I do!
So in conclusion, You don’t need someone to help you with this finance situation you just need to bust a move.